All living creatures need 4 things in their habitat:
1. Food: Notice what food items were around your guest when you found them and put a few of
these items in your hotel (maybe leaves, dirt, or grass).
2. Water: A plastic bottle cap filled with water should meet their needs.
3. Shelter: Your hotel should protect your guest from rain, hot sun, wind and the cold.
4. Space: Make sure that your hotel gives your guest room to walk, hop, fly, or crawl around!
Observe the place where you found your guest. Try to bring things from his or her natural environment such as leaves, sticks, dirt or grass to make him feel more at home!
1. Be nice to all living creatures! No poking, dropping, or squishing your hotel guests!
2. This is a hotel, not a permanent home for your new friend. Creatures you find out in nature
cannot survive for more than a couple of hours in your Bug Hotel, so be sure to put your guest back in the same place that you found him. You can always find a new friend tomorrow!
Tip: If you have a magnifying glass at home, use it to look at your guest in more detail. Bugs look really neat up close!