Calling All Detectives!
Can you solve a Mystery?
Guess who I am using the clues below. I could be a plant, animal, bird, tree, insect, arachnid (spiders), or amphibian found in Colorado.
1. My green colored body and leaf-like wings provide excellent camouflage into my habitat.
2. If you do spot me, I’m usually hidden in the grass or the leaves of a bush were I blend in really well.
3. I get my name from my front legs which are in a bent position and used to slash at my prey quicker than the eye can see!
4. I’m a carnivore and an expert predator who waits patiently as I stalk my prey.
5. I have a triangular-shaped head that I can turn nearly 180 degrees around my neck to scan my surroundings.
6. My favorite foods are moths, crickets, grasshoppers, and flies.